Sunday, July 13, 2008

The New Swing, part 2

I have meant to post this for a couple of days now, but we have been busy... playing on the swing, of course! Seriously, we have been outside at 6am the past 3 mornings to play with our new swing... and it has been like pulling teeth to get her to come in for ANYTHING!! One might say she really enjoys her swing! :) Here pics from her first day with her new "weeeeee" (that's what she calls a swing!)


6:15am: Both daddy and Evelyn are a bit bleary eyed.. but she spots the swing INSTANTLY!

Nothing but smiles!

After I made her eat and get clothes on, we were out again! She was very interested in the "buckles".. another new word for her as of Friday!

This is the BEST, mommy!

The pool still had water in it from the day before... I turned my back for one second.. and she was in! Completely soaked!
She thought it was hilarious and fun!

Who need clothes on to play in a swing in your own backyard?

She had the buckles figured out in no time!

Daddy came home from work and too over on swing duty while mommy made dinner!

My beautiful girl!


... who ADORES her daddy!

We have repeated a similar day the past two days. It has been fun to watch her have SO much fun and enjoy the outdoors. We are heading to a party this afternoon and spending the evening with my mom, so probably no swing time this afternoon. I am sure she will be crushed!!

Thanking God for summer, my family, and of course, a swing in an apple tree!


3 comments:

Katie said...

I love all the new pictures! I'm so glad that she likes her new swing! I really enjoyed the part in "The New Swing, Part 1", when Doug put the paint in the swing first!

Hope all is well with you and the family, we should get together soon!

Melinda said...

It is such fun to see our kids delighted!

Laura said...

Great posts! Such fun to see her light up...I had swing-lovin' boys too. At some point you just wish they could push themselves, huh? :)