Thursday, January 13, 2011

January So Far

It is almost half way thru January and I have only have one post in 2011. Not the best way to start off the year! It's time to do a bit of catch up...

First off, it has been COLD here! No snow.. *sigh*.. but oh so cold. I love it when it is cold and sunny. Perfect weather for bundling up and going for a walk.. which is good for a certain 4 year old who has lots of energy to burn!!

We usually walk towards the middle school and play in the tennis courts. Evelyn loves it when we chase her around. We love it that she runs and runs and runs!!

Is my nose running?

Despite the cold, my daughter could wear shorts and tees just about 24/7. She is so much like her daddy!!

She told me she wanted to "pose" for me... this NEVER happens!!

So, as some of you know, we got tickets to the BCS National Championship game. We made the heart-wrenching decision to sell them, as it was just too expensive to get airfare that met our scheduling needs. Instead, we used the money to fly in my sister Michelle (her and I would have gone to the game together) to watch the game with us. We had a great time, even tho the outcome of the game wasn't what we wanted. Still proud to be a Duck!

Evelyn was SO excited that her aunt was coming back so soon after being here for Christmas!

My future Duck linebacker!

GO DUCKS!!

Being silly!

This is my FAVORITE face of Matthew's. I love him so!! Oh.. and he is WALKING! Pretty good, too. I have a feeling he will be running around in no time.. and my life will NEVER be the same!

Enjoying the game with a good drink!
(Before you nag on me for this photo.. let me explain. When I was a little girl, my daddy would have a beer on occasion, and I just HAD to have a little drink. My dad, knowing full well that I wouldn't like it, would let me have a sip. And he was right, it was gross. But I still had to have a little sip whenever he had a beer! This picture makes me think of my dad!!)

I don't think beer is gross anymore, and there was a lot of beer consumption during the game. Here are my and my sisters trying to have fun watching the Ducks!

There. I feel better now that I am a little bit caught up... enjoy!

No comments: