Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank You Colleen.. 10 years later!

Ok.. so that's not entirely true. I know I sent her a thank you card way back then, but didn't really understand how AWESOME this particular wedding gift was:

Our friend Colleen got this for us as a wedding gift, along with a sweet card saying how she saw it and thought of us and knew we would have fun with it. Sadly, it went into storage until we moved into this house and has been tucked away ever since. Both Doug and I love ice cream, but I guess just felt it was easier to just go get a half gallon at the store. We have talked about using it many times, but just didn't seem to do anything about it. Until today!!

It. Was. Time.

The gift reciept. From Meier & Frank! Still taped to the box. July 2001.

Coleen also got us this book to go with it. And I am SO glad. The recipe in the book that came with the machine is SO complicated. This book's basic recipe is SO easy. And really, can you go wrong with a B & J recipe?

$1.40 for a huge box of this at WinCO. Perfect!

The mix took, oh, 30 minutes to make (I made chocolate, and had to melt it and cool it.. that took the most time). Adding the ice and salt is a bit of a chore, but really didn't take too long, either. And off it went!

About and hour later.. ready!

Amazing chocolately goodness. Heaven on a spoon.

I'm not that picky about ice cream. But I honestly don't think I have had homemade ice cream many times.. cuz I had NO idea how good it was. Oh, my goodness!! Seriously, I may never buy a half gallon at the store again!! ;)

Evelyn also had fun in this process (she picked the flavor!) and LOVED the ice cream.

What a fun gift.. 10 years later! Ugh!

Thank you, Colleen!! We will use it often the next 10. I promise!!

No comments: