Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Second Grade

I have a second grader. That is just so surreal to even write let alone digest!! I have to admit, compared to last year, the start of the school year was not as emotional for me. Of course, I cried... that is a no-brainer..haha... but it wasn't as bad as last year! For two reasons. 1) This is her second year in school all day. Yes, I will miss her terribly, but I know I survived last year so this year will be even better! 2) Evelyn was fortunate enough to have her first grade teacher, Mrs. Beltran, move up to second grade and is her teacher again along with her same classmates from last year. Such a huge blessing that has made the transition back to school easier for all of us!

Here are some pics from her first day!


Sadly her pink headband that she was going to wear snapped in half last week so she had to wear the white one. She still looked so cute in the outfit she picked!
This was NOT the first hug he gave her this morning!!

I love them...

Obligatory school sign photos... :)


She's growing up. Sigh....



Poor Matthew.. I think he was the most upset out of all of us. He missed his sister SO much today!! They really did have a great summer together and got along really well.. it was a hard goodbye for my sweet boy. We did many things to just keep us busy until it was time to go get her, like riding bikes (well, him riding his bike) and making silly faces to try to not cry but laugh!

After reuniting after school, it was fun to hear her talk about her day. She is much more confident this year in terms of school routine and school "lingo".. she has grown up a lot since last year. She had a fun first day but also was super tired!

We celebrated the first day with after dinner ice cream!


Love her!!

While I will miss her when she is in class, I know she is where she needs to be and is in good hands. I think this is going to be a great year for my smart and dramatic girlie!! Who knows.. I may not even cry when she goes off to 3rd grade.... (who am I kidding!)!!!

No comments: