Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Things Pondered, Part 13

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed but the mother never.
-Osho

My sweet girl,

Today you are 13. It's a big birthday.

You are growing into such a lovely young woman. Right before our eyes. 

You love clothes, Taylor Swift, your phone, your friends, your cat, and your family... not necessarily in that order!😀

You are beautiful... I don't think you realize just how beautiful you are. 

You are shy and don't like attention. But when you are with people you are comfortable with you can be oh, so silly and crazy and make us laugh. 

You are a deep thinker and oh, so smart. And it just comes naturally. You get that from your dad for sure. 

You are a deep feeler and full of emotions, common for your age. 

You are wanting more space these days, and as hard as that is for me, I am trying to give it to you. 

That being said, forgive me when I don't give you attention when you want it or need it. I promise to be better at that.

You are growing in many ways... and I am here for you as your biggest cheerleader and fan as you face the changes in your heart, body and soul. 

My prayer and my challenge to you this year is that you do your best to always have..
*The eyes that see the best in people,
*A heart that forgives the worst,
*A mind that forgets the bad,
*And a soul that never loses faith in God


Happy 13th Birthday!

I love you with all that I am, Evelyn Joy!

"... and Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart." ~Luke 2:19







No comments: