Friday, December 11, 2020

Things Pondered, Part 14 (!)

 Dear Evelyn Joy, 

How is it possible that you are FOURTEEN!! My goodness.. that happened fast! 

So many have prepared me for these years. 

The "terrible teens"... and all that it entails.

But I can truly say that so far,  "I beg to differ!"

Oh my sweet girl, you are growing into the most lovely young lady. 

Full of beauty, full of life, full of joy. 

And we love you so much!!

Here's a snapshot of your special day!


You are SO special!
"What in the world?"
"Haha... I LOVE it!"
Your brother is your biggest cheerleader, and he knew exactly what to get you! I am glad you liked it!
Welcome to the world of social media! You were so suprised..and so excited! ๐Ÿ˜€

I am glad Ellie got to spend the day/night with us. It was perfect!

Dutch Bros. run before school for your free drink!
Opening the cards from all the Stenehjem kids. They love you!
A socially distant visit from Jody. She loves you too. And she got you a Comfy... and you are over the moon excited about that!

For your birthday you wanted to go to IKEA and pick out something for your room. So you and Ellie skipped PE and we headed across town, singing Sophia the First songs the entire way. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Our "loot" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I love the macrame plant holder and fake plants you picked out for your room. They are perfect! Mom got a few things too.. thanks to both of you for schlepping them to the car..haha!
We picked up Chipoltle for dinner per your request


And had milkshakes instead of birthday cake. You two are so silly!!
Ready to watch a movie.. in your new Comfy!

I hope you enjoyed YOUR day as much as I enjoyed celebrating YOU!

Despite all of the crap you have been handed the past year, you have strugged and persevered and overcame and  maintained relationships, amazing grades, your faith and your amazing sense of humor.

 It has been hard, no doubt, but the Lord has been good and has also brought light in the midst of the darkness. I hope and pray you remember that light, those times where we laughted until we cried (or just cried, because COVID sucks), fun family time, times with Ellie and Juliet that filled you up, times being creative and using the gifts God has given you. I pray that you can draw on the Lord's faithfulness as challenges arise in the future.. which they will. 

Dad and I are so very proud of you. 

You certainly are not perfect. 

You have your moments for sure. 

But don't we all. 

You are an amazing daughter, sister, and friend. 

But most of all you are the precious daughter of Jesus, whose love for you is unending.

Never forget that. 

I hope I can be the mom you need in the coming years, as you prepare to go into world and change it for the better. 

It is an honor and a priviledge to be your mom. 

I love you so much, baby girl!

Happy Happy Birthday!


"...and Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" ~ Luke 2:19



No comments: