Wednesday, July 7, 2021

First and Last Middle School Youth Group

Usually our church's youth ministry takes the summer off from weekly meetings. With the pandemic, there hasn't been in person meetings until last month, and we have a new youth pastor who wants to work on connecting and building relationships. So youth ministry decided to keep meeting thru the summer. 

Matthew is starting middle school in the fall and incoming 6th graders were invited to start going to youth group tonight. How is my baby boy going into middle school?!?

I hid my tears and showed my pride in my boy as he stepped out of the car and headed into church with  an "I've got this" attutude. I love this kid...

AND... while Matthew went to youth group for the first time, Evelyn and her friends went to middle school youth group for the LAST time! They will join the high schoolers this Sunday as incoming freshman (WHAT?!?). 

Love these girls!
(With them is Suki, our Senior Pastor's dog)

They both had a fun evening and Matthew says he is excited to go back. 😀

No comments: