Wednesday, September 8, 2021

544

 When the kids headed back to school today, it marked 544 days since I have been away from them for more than 3 or 4 hours other than the occasional sleepover at a friends or my mom's. Doug has been working at home since the pandemic started which means it has been 544 days since I have been ALONE in the house for more than 3 or 4 hours. 

544. 

Yes, I counted. 

Needless to say I have been looking forward to school starting a litte more than past years. 😁

At the same time, I am SO grateful for the extra time I have had with my family during the pandemic. Yes, we drove each other nuts sometimes, and we definitely struggled like most everyone else during this time. But, I hope we all will remember the good times we have had that we wouldn't have had otherwise. 

The day before school started I wanted to make sure we had one last day of fun together. 

So yesterday morning, went for a walk to Starbucks...

We got blizzards at DQ....


We went for a long walk at Commenwealth Park after the above ice cream....


And Matthew got a haircut!


Both kids were excited and nervous about their first day. Both are in new schools this year, and not really being IN school for 18 months it all seems a bit foreign. But they both got up and got ready this morning and were in good spirits. 

Our beautiful freshman...


These two... BFF's since 1st grade!


My handsome 6th grader...

Both of them had a great first day and seem to like their classes/teachers just fine. Not a lot of homework for a bit as the teachers try to ease the kids back into full day school. Fine by me!

Thankful for a good launch day! Trusting the Lord will bless them and keep them safe and healthy!

No comments: