Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

Evelyn and I stayed home from Thanksgiving festivities yesterday since she has been running a fever for a couple of days (I think she is finally over it.. smile). While she was napping I was thinking about all I had to give thanks for. I am one blessed girl for sure! I am sure I could come up with more, but here are my top 10 things to be thankful for (that come to mind right now):
  • 10. Freedom... God bless the USA!
  • 9. Good health... I take this for granted too often
  • 8. Memories... both good and bad... they help me remember where I've been
  • 7. My friends... they see the good, the bad, and the ugly... and love me anyway!
  • 6. My Bible study family of 5+ years (the Greens, Johnsons, Spiedels, Taylors, and Yoos)... love you guys!
  • 5. My "BFF" Jody.. I can't say enough about how much she means to me
  • 4. My family and Doug's family.. I am abundantly blessed by them daily
  • 3.5 My cat Sam... he can be a stinker, but I love him to bits anyway!
  • 3. My daughter.. she has stolen my heart
  • 2. My husband... the love of my life and the best daddy ever
  • 1. My salvation and the giver of that salvation, Jesus Christ
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Bring on Christmas music and peppermint mochas!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I don't know what it is about holidays and having someone sick in the family. We sure have had our share! We joke that it is our family tradition! ;o)
Thanks for visiting my blog. I thrill at finding that others take the time to list the things that they are thankful for, too. Our family has done that for two decades and put the lists in a binder. It serves as a family chronicle of sorts.