I have been convicted lately about how much time I am on the computer. I have become on of many who have been sucked into the "online social network" craze. While it does have its benefits, it lately has caused me ignore other important things in life.. or at least make them less important. I am such a social bug.. I love connecting with people. But it can't be at the expense of my family and close friends. That's ridiculous! Anyhoooo.. I dumped my Twitter account and been on FB not as much during the day. Since then I have been amazed at how much more I have gotten done. Crazy! I seriously thought about dumping Facebook, too.. but I am on my High School reunion committee and we are using FB to communicate info with classmates, so I really can't. Maybe this fall.. who knows. Since blogging was how it all started for me, I WILL keep this up.. I actually enjoy it the most.
One of my favorite verses is Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord" (NOT facebook, twitter, blogging.. etc) "and he will grant you the desires of your heart." I feel the "funk" I am in is due to my heart needing to be recharged... with the right things! I am excited for that!
Ok.. off that soapbox now (sorry for the ramble). What else has been going on? Hmmm..
- The basement is SO close to being move in readly.. Doug has been working so hard to get it done.. which is hard when a sweet 2 year old wants ALL of his time when he is home! I am so excited.
- We had a very postive end to a customer service issue we were having with the store be bought furniture from 3 years ago. Long story short.. we got a brand new sofa and love seat for the basement.. for $24!! Seriously!
- Unfortunately we have had a NOT so good customer service experiences with Verizon lately. I have heard SO many people complain about them.. but we have really never had any issues with them (and we have ALL of our services with them... tv, phone, cell phone, internet). Until now. Ugh..
- I need a haircut. And color. BAD!
- I felt God laying on my heart for me to give up something for lent. While it may be a sacrifice for me.. in comparison to what HE did for me.. it's small potatoes! 2 days in.. so far so good. Thanks for the strength, God! :)
- We took out and washed Evelyn's car seat for the first time since it was installed (15mths ago...GASP!). Let's just say it wasn't pretty.. how many cheerios can slip inside that thing.. sheesh! It's great to have it clean again!
- My daughter still doesn't sleep consistently at night. Yes, she IS 2. It's painful. We are always tired (hmmm.. that could be part of my "funk" as well). Trust me.. we have tried everything. Both Doug and I weren't sleepers either.. apparently its payback time! FUN! Actually, I am hoping God is just doing this so I will still be used to being tired when we have another one! :)
- NASCAR season has started... I am excited. Let's go racin' boys!
- We are working thru the budget again. It's a good thing.. there is always room for improvement!
Onto the ponytails. I'm ending with this. I'll let the pics do the talking.
I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE being her mom!
That's all I have... enjoy the weekend, all!