Friday, February 6, 2009

Getting there...

Believe it or not, we are STILL trying to get completely better around here! Its been going on too long, in my opinion! Thankfully I think we are on the tail end of it... we all have just a tinge of congestion and are just really tired!! We are hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend.. although I feel like I am SO behind on everything since I pretty much felt like doing NADA this week. I will probably bust my bootie to get back on track instead of sleep. Oh.. the joys of motherhood! :)

Since it IS Friday, I will post a few pics from the week... since, really, I only have a few!


Evelyn's friend Juliet came over the other day. These two were cracking me up as they sat on the chair (and both of them agreed the doll had to be in the middle)! They just kept looking at each other and giggling. It was SO sweet!

Ok.. so I FINALLY got Evelyn to let me put her hair in a "nice" pony tail with a clip in her sideswept bangs (not just one thrown in to get hair up out of the way) for a birthday party yesterday. It was SO cute. However, she would NOT let me get a picture of her, except for ones like this. Stinker! You can kind of see it in the picture.. it really did look cute!

Last but not least.. dear Judi. This is Evelyn and Judi back in May. Judi is our Mom's "Coach" for our MOMS group at church. Our small group has been together 2 years now and Judi has been our "coach" the entire time, offering awesome bits of wisdom and gentle encouragment as we all are first time moms. She has been battling a "cold" for almost 2 months. Today is has been confirmed that Judi has lung cancer and she is in the hospital quite ill. I am heartbroken and on my knees on her behalf. I am hoping for the best for my dear friend...

Give extra hugs to those you love tonight....



4 comments:

Melinda said...

As always, I enjoy your thoughts and pics. I have added Judi to my prayer list. If she is special to you, she is special to me. What a rough time for her.

Michelle said...

Nice to "Dressy Betty" getting some love and some pics. Love and kisses to my sweet Evelette!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about Judy. I hadn't heard... Rick has a very special place in my heart and I know he just adores her.

Glad you're feeling better :) Tell E that she looks very pretty with her hair in a pony!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress....so cute!!