Friday, February 27, 2009

Its a long post, but ends with ponytails...

WOW... its been a bit since I have written a decent post. I have been in a funk about blogging. About lots of things, actually. I think I know one reason for this....

I have been convicted lately about how much time I am on the computer. I have become on of many who have been sucked into the "online social network" craze. While it does have its benefits, it lately has caused me ignore other important things in life.. or at least make them less important. I am such a social bug.. I love connecting with people. But it can't be at the expense of my family and close friends. That's ridiculous! Anyhoooo.. I dumped my Twitter account and been on FB not as much during the day. Since then I have been amazed at how much more I have gotten done. Crazy! I seriously thought about dumping Facebook, too.. but I am on my High School reunion committee and we are using FB to communicate info with classmates, so I really can't. Maybe this fall.. who knows. Since blogging was how it all started for me, I WILL keep this up.. I actually enjoy it the most.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord" (NOT facebook, twitter, blogging.. etc) "and he will grant you the desires of your heart." I feel the "funk" I am in is due to my heart needing to be recharged... with the right things! I am excited for that!

Ok.. off that soapbox now (sorry for the ramble). What else has been going on? Hmmm..
  • The basement is SO close to being move in readly.. Doug has been working so hard to get it done.. which is hard when a sweet 2 year old wants ALL of his time when he is home! I am so excited.
  • We had a very postive end to a customer service issue we were having with the store be bought furniture from 3 years ago. Long story short.. we got a brand new sofa and love seat for the basement.. for $24!! Seriously!
  • Unfortunately we have had a NOT so good customer service experiences with Verizon lately. I have heard SO many people complain about them.. but we have really never had any issues with them (and we have ALL of our services with them... tv, phone, cell phone, internet). Until now. Ugh..
  • I need a haircut. And color. BAD!
  • I felt God laying on my heart for me to give up something for lent. While it may be a sacrifice for me.. in comparison to what HE did for me.. it's small potatoes! 2 days in.. so far so good. Thanks for the strength, God! :)
  • We took out and washed Evelyn's car seat for the first time since it was installed (15mths ago...GASP!). Let's just say it wasn't pretty.. how many cheerios can slip inside that thing.. sheesh! It's great to have it clean again!
  • My daughter still doesn't sleep consistently at night. Yes, she IS 2. It's painful. We are always tired (hmmm.. that could be part of my "funk" as well). Trust me.. we have tried everything. Both Doug and I weren't sleepers either.. apparently its payback time! FUN! Actually, I am hoping God is just doing this so I will still be used to being tired when we have another one! :)
  • NASCAR season has started... I am excited. Let's go racin' boys!
  • We are working thru the budget again. It's a good thing.. there is always room for improvement!
I wish I could think of more enticing things to tell you about... maybe next time.

Onto the ponytails. I'm ending with this. I'll let the pics do the talking.








I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE being her mom!

That's all I have... enjoy the weekend, all!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy cow, you are one sweet chick Evelette!!! Your aunt Michette thinks you are way cool in your pony tails. Love you!

Heather Witherow said...

Steph,
LOVE YOU!!!!

I can't wait to see you in six months! Counting down the time in a big way!!!

Love your honesty and transparency and I actually love that you are on FB! It's been a great way for me to check in and see how you and everyone is doing. Since the time difference is such a challenge in connecting!

Have a great day and enjoy the race this weekend!

love you,
heather

Melinda said...

I always enjoy the pics!
Good work agreeing to what you felt led to give up for Lent. Will you continue with it, post-Lent?
I hope you'll stay on FB. It is my version of phone, but takes less time. Seriously, how much time can a couple of status update posts and maybe a link & pic take to do? Then an enjoyable cup of coffee and a scan through everyone else's. Probably come away know a bit more about more of my friends than I would with the same amount of time with a one friend on the phone.

aprilann said...

Good for you! The computer does suck up time...I think a lot of people struggle there. My 16 year old is giving up FB for Lent. Go Jubilee, go! Ponytails are perfect, though we called it pigtails when it was one on each side and then ponytail when it was one in the back. Funny!

You are such a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

You know that you and I are totally on the same page about FB and Twitter (and even though I reactived my account, I don't tweet much anymore).

TOTALLY with you on the hair thing - I'm almost brunette at this point and desperatley need a cut and color but I'm too lazy to schedule it.

Evelyn and sleep: Benedryl. Seriously. Nate wasn't a good sleeper, and our pediatrician told us to Benedryl him because we ALL need to be able to sleep. We didn't do it for long, but it worked. (I know... some people aren't going to like that suggestion, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do).

Hope you have a great week Steph!

Unknown said...

The customer service you get when you call the Verizon customer (non)service number totally stinks! We had FIOS installed a few months ago and had a number of issues. Nothing positive happened until I found an email address for their newly hired customer service czar. Our phone started ringing within an hour of emailing him with people wanting to know how they could help us. If you still need it, I will dig it up for you.

(LOVE the ponytails!)