Tuesday, November 25, 2008

For Aunt Pam...

I know.. it has been SO long since I have posted. Almost a month.. that's a record, I think! We talked to Doug's aunt and uncle in Arizona last night (uncle Ron is recovering from open heart surgey). Pam said she checks in on my blog at least twice a week and always hopes to see a new post. Sorry, Pam.. I have been a slacker! This post is for you!! :)

What have we been up to? Apparently things that don't involve pictures because I have taken hardly any pics the past month (*gasp*)! That's not true.. I have had plenty of picture opportunity but didn't take any. I really need to work on that!

Anyhooo.. here is a quick rundown of the month:
  • I organized a surprise 65th birthday party for "Pa Kettle" (my awesome father-in-law). I was SO excited to get all of Doug's siblings to Dallas to celebrate! We has so much fun and it made the birthday boy cry!
  • We all got sick with colds.. I got the worst of it, I think. It was not a happy place around here for almost 2 weeks.. UGH! I am thankful we are now all healthy!
  • My aunt Sharon passed away after a long battle with cancer. Her funeral was this past weekend up in Washington. I could do a whole post just on this, but I don't have it in me right now.
  • Evelyn knows her alphabet and can count to 10. And she is SO into music and singing! Her current favorite.. Go Tell It On The Mountain. :) Good thing Christmas is coming soon! We are amazed daily at how she is growing and learning.
  • Doug thought he had 11 days of vacation left this year. He was going to take this week, Christmas week and the week after Christmas off, as well as Evelyn's birthday. Well... turns out he only had 5 days left! UGH! Oh, well.. we are thankful he has a job so we will just enjoy the vacation time he DOES have!
  • Speaking of Evelyn's birthday... she turns 2 in two weeks! AHHHH! I have been busy organizing birthday gatherings with family and friends. I am not nearly as stressed out about it as I was last year.. yay!
  • I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with Doug's family. It is always a special time. I took this "What Part of Thanksgiving are You?" quiz and I'm "mashed-potatoes": "ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable. You're the glue that holds everyone together." I guess that fits.. but I wouldn't necessarily call myself the "glue".

That's about all I have. I will leave you with one of the few pics I took this month. Evelyn was singing and wouldn't stop to smile.. but it is still pretty cute!




1 comment:

Carrie Kisling said...

HI Stephanie!

A few things...Evelyn's hair is getting so long! Happy Birthday to her soon.

I have an Aunt Pam married to an Uncle Ron. That made me smile. :)

Took your little Thanksgiving quiz. That was fun. Apparently I am the stuffing, but I can't remember what it said about that.