Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I cannot believe I am 24 weeks already.. yet at the same time I find myself saying, "I'm only 24 weeks?" I really am not wanting to complain because I am SO thankful to be given this gift of life after trying for a while to complete our family. It is just a lot harder this time around.. for many reasons. I know I am doing too much, eating too much, and not sleeping enough.. I am just praying to finish out this pregnancy issue free and give birth to a healthy baby. My poor sweet husband has had to put up with A LOT of whining this go-around! He is amazing.. and I am truly not worthy!

And for those who don't know... it appears we are having a BOY! I am still trying to wrap my mind around that. I was honestly hoping for another girl.. for different reasons. As time goes on, tho, I am getting more and more excited to have a son. I'm not sure if I can handle the drama of two girls in the house! ;) Evelyn even has a name picked out for our little guy: "Bill". And she is serious about that. I'm still not quite sure where she came up with it, but it has stuck in her cute little mind. I am hoping her heart isn't too broken when we DON'T name him that.. heehee! Oh.. and if it was a girl, she wanted to name her "Lisa". Again... NO clue where she comes up with this stuff! ;) She is talking more about being a big sister and I am pretty sure she will fill that role beautifully!

One lesson we learned from our last pregnancy is, "Get as MUCH done as you can BEFORE the baby comes!!" We didn't heed that advice with Evelyn and sometimes wonder what on earth we did with all of our free time before she came along.. and why we didn't get more done!! ;) Needless to say we are on a mission to get quite a bit accomplished in the next 3 months!! Wish us luck!

Our little man at 20 weeks!

No comments: