Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Swim Time!

Yesterday was the first day of swim class, for both kids this time. Matthew has only been in the water a few times, and really hasn't enjoyed it too much. I wasn't sure how he would do in the "mommy and me" class, but I decided to give it a try. It is scheduled the same time as Evelyn's lessons, so we all can go together and I can keep an eye on her as well (we are in the same pool, just opposite ends).

I am happy to report that it was a HUGE success, for both of them. Evelyn did fabulous and Matthew... well... let's just say he did NOT want to get out of the water!! He had a blast!!

Thankfully Jody was able to go with us (Doug is out of town) to help manage the first day unknowns with me and also take pictures! Thanks, JoJo!!


My little swimmer heading to class. He looked so stinkin' cute in his trunks and sandals!


My princess/poser was ready to go!!

Here we go!!

Evie getting to know her classmates and teacher Chris

Time to get wet!

Every time I looked over at her, she was smiling, even with Chris. (Usually she is a bit timid around "boys" of any age, but did okay with him.. yay!)

Being goofy!

Matthew grabbed a ball on the way in to the pool and would NOT let go of it.

Chasing after the ball!

Jumping to momma!

Happy little man!!

Thankful that things went well and that we are well on the way to having some good swimmers!!

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

How FUN!!!

Swimming is one of those things that's hard to learn at the beginning but then something incredibly wonderful happens somewhere along the way and then it becomes one of the greatest things to spend time doing! Good for you to take them both, I don't think I'm brave enough to take that one on! :)

I LOVE that M loved the ball so much, it's the little things that mke all the difference.

Keep your pics coming, I love catching glimpses into your fun adventures! :)