Monday, April 8, 2013

Soccer... sorta

Matthew has been wanting to take a soccer class FOREVER! He knew he could do a class with his favorite teacher at the Rec Center, Brian, once he turned 3. (He has had "Coach Brine", as he calls him, as a teacher in all of the mommy/kiddo classes we have taken). So finally the time had come to get started.. and he was super excited! This was his first class with just HIM, not with me. He seemed to not be phased by that at all... at first.

 Ready to go!

 Circle time!

 He listened very intently!
 This picture. This pose. Makes my heart smile. Matthew stands and walks with his hands behind his back often. My Grandma Tierney did the exact same thing. Love it!

He really wanted to shoot baskets with the soccer ball.. silly boy!

Sadly the excitement of class wore off half way thru and he melted into tears wanting me to be in class with him. We tried a couple more classes but each was met with hysterical crying and sobbing from my sweet boy. Apparently he just isn't ready yet emotionally, even tho I want him to be! :) We'll try again in the fall. He loves to play sports and I want him to learn more.. we just need him on board, too!!

It was fun while it lasted.. and I still love him to the moon and back!

No comments: