Monday, July 15, 2013

A Special Reunion

One of the highlights of my "youth" was spending the year after graduating high school in Alexandria, Virgina as a nanny for the Bailey family. Sarah and Perrin were 6 and 4 at the time and being their full time babysitter and living with them and Anne & Russ, their parents, was such a special time for me. A year of fun, growth, adventure, and life lessons that I will always cherish.

It has been fun being able to stay in touch over the years via Christmas cards and now facebook. I have seen the Bailey's twice since I left Virginia in 1990, the last time being soon after my wedding. Perrin, the youngest, was married just last month although I was sad to not be able to be there, I was excited to hear that they were going to be in Washington last weekend... ALL of them, including Perrin's new husband David. Better yet, they were going to make time in their jam-packed schedule to see us!!

 We met them for breakfast last Saturday and had the most amazing time chatting and catching up. They enjoyed meeting the kids and were regaled by many of Evelyn and Matthew's adventures. Perrin's husband is a Brit and is postively delightful! We seriously could have chatted all day, but alas, they needed to head back north to Seattle for a Mariners game. It was a sad goodbye, but such a lovely visit that made me cherish my time as a part of their family even more!

Me and the Bailey clan

Me and "my girls"! All grown up and lovely in every way!

The whole bunch!

What a special reunion.. one I hope happens again soon!

No comments: