Friday, February 20, 2015

The Happiest Place on Earth

Sigh.... our last day. Although we were a bit sad about this fact, we were determined to make the most of it and have fun! We used our "early morning" pass to get into Disneyland an hour early. Only a few of the attractions are open, but characters are out and just getting to see the park "wake up" is magical. Both the kids knew where they wanted to go first.. Autopia.. so we headed there to be one of the first in line.





After doing Autopia 2 times Doug headed to California Adventure to get fastpasses to Radiator Springs Racers. The kids and I wandered around and although reluctant at first, I convinced them to do the Buzz Lightyear ride, Astro Blasters. They has been concerned it would be too scary but both were brave and ended up LOVING this ride. We did it three times while waiting for Doug and then once more with him! It was so fun to see my kids rise to the challenge and try new things!


Not the best photos, but this is Astro Blasters! :)

The kids wanted to go on the Carrousel again, and Matthew really wanted me to get a picture of him and his favorite horse, Jungle! :)

We got to see Daisy before lunch.. she was one of the characters the kids really wanted to see but hadn't yet! :)



Daddy is happy and silly! :)

After lunch we headed over to the "other" park to do our two favorite rides before ending our day at Disneyland. 

This sign was posted as you leave the Radiator Springs Racers ride.. I love it!

Ready to go to "school" one last time! 

My pretty girl....



Rupunzel had been hard to find the whole week.. but we finally got to meet her and other than Tiana and Ariel she got to meet all the princesses...yay!

We couldn't leave Disneyland without having one of their famous ice creams! :)


Guess where we went next? Autopia of course! Can you tell they loved it? :)




Disneyland is know for their hand-dipped corn dogs, so we ate them for our last dinner. They did NOT disappoint!


He likes mustard.. can you tell?


Thunder Mountain Railroad is my FAVORITE ride in Disneyland. Hands down. While planning our trip, I really wanted the kids to go on it, but they both said it looked WAY too scary. I resolved that I may not get to ride it this trip, and I was really okay with that. Well.. during dinner the night before, Evelyn has said,  "Mom.. I think I am ready for Thunder Mountain!". She was, but her brother was not. BUT... during dinner this night he said he wanted to go and be brave. So we headed over after dinner and although a little apprehensive while watching the ride, Matthew still was okay with it. So on we went!

Before...
After!  They absolutely LOVED it and were so glad they did it! I am proud of them for being so brave and trying such a big ride! Such a fun way to end our time here!

We bid Disneyland farewell that evening with tears in our eyes (well, my eyes anyway.. haha) and packed up to head home the next morning.

Getting on the plane heading home.

There are so many more memories and stories from our trip that I could do a gazillion posts about. We had such an amazing time and made so many memories. I am so thankful we were able to do this!!

And it's true. Disneyland is the Happiest Place On Earth!

No comments: