Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Fun Day

Spring Break started out kind of rainy and cold, but buy midweek the sun was out. The kids have been asking to go back to Multnomah Falls and hike to the top (they only made it to the bridge the last time we went, 4 years ago). So I decided to pack them up and head out to the Falls for a afternoon of hiking. It turned out to be such a fun time with my babies!



"There it is! There it is", was what they were squealing as we drove into the parking lot.
Ready and excited!



At the bridge. They both were just in awe of the power and beauty of the water.

Ok... THIS is where we made it to last time. This is right up the hill past the bridge. They remembered this little nook and we happy to pose for a photo.


Here is my baby girl 4 years ago in that same nook. My she has grown!
 


We took our time and stopped to grab a drink or a snack whenever needed. Both the kids were SO determined  to make it to the top, I didn't mind stopping when they asked!

Sweet little hikers!

This was our last pit stop, switch back 9 out of 11 I think. Almost there!
AT THE TOP!!!
They were so happy to be at the top and see just how high the falls were!

So beautiful....
Can you see our car? :)


It was misty and a bit wet, but it was refreshing after the hike up. So proud of these two!


Warming up in the sun before we headed back down
No worse for the wear at the bottom! They understood now why I had said coming down was almost harder than going up! :)

Celebrating with ice cream!
This was one of the funnest little excursions I have done with Evelyn and Matthew, and they are ready to find more hikes to do this summer. I am ready, too!!

No comments: