Wednesday, May 17, 2017

AWANA Award Night

A bittersweet night tonight as we end another year of AWANA. It is also the FINAL year of AWANA at Beaverton Christian Church after almost 30 years of the program at the church. Our family has been involved with AWANA since Evelyn was 4 and both kids have loved it and have learned to memorize God's word during their years in club. Doug and I both have served there as well. The relationships that have come from this program are special and we will miss seeing our AWANA crew on Wednesday nights.

Sadly I didn't get a whole lot of photos as I was up on stage quite a bit of the evening, here are some I did get capturing our kids' final award night.


Tom. He and his amazing wife Sarah were our commanders and did such an amazing job!

My Sparkie kids... all in red. Adam was our fearless leader. I was secretary. I will miss these kids so much!



Heidi and Evelyn became friend their very first year in club, when they were 4! I love their friendship!


Doug and his other Truth and Training leaders. 
My Sparkie leaders... so grateful for them!!
My sweet boy getting his year 2 book award.  He worked so hard to memorize all his verses. His love for the Lord is inspiring!
Evelyn worked hard to complete TWO books this year. Continue to be amazed at my girls ability to memorize scripture and pray she is always able to do so. 

What an amazing 6 years we have had doing AWANA. We will most likely continue club at a different church in the fall, but we will never forget our time with this particular club, and are thankful for the people that blessed us and our time here.

No comments: