Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Seattle Trip Day 2

Today we slept in a bit (not the most comfy beds at this hotel and we all tossed and turned a bit) but were excited to get up and going on day two of our trip.

Doug pondering... Evelyn being silly! 

We headed to the Bremerton Ferry terminal... we all were excited about taking the ferry into the city.  The area around the terminal had lots of interesting sights to see and since we were early for our boat we had some time to explore around. 





Matthew loved this water feature. It looks like a submarine fin and every few minutes water shoots up like a sub is breaching the surface of the ocean. Pretty cool. 


Cool rock scupltures
The ferry is here!! Almost time to load!

It was a windy but sunny ride across Puget Sound. We had a such a fun time looking around the boat and just enjoying the scenery and the city approaching. It was super foggy so it took more time than usual to start to see Seattle in the distance. 






Hello, Seattle!!

We had quite a bit of time before we could check into our hotel so we stayed near the water and explored the waterfront and explored Pike's Place Market. 




After checking into our hotel, we headed to Bothell where we met my two of my aunts, my uncle, and three of my cousins for dinner. We had such a lovely time catching up with them. I am so thankful to have such amazing family! 

My cousins, and the kiddos! 
Brookie and Doug. 


Love my Hayley Bug! She, along with Brooke and Dustyn, are more like nieces and nephews than cousins. 
My Aunt Chrissy and the kids. 

It was a super fun evening with my family. Tomorrow... the Space Needle!!

No comments: