Wednesday, September 4, 2019

First Day of School!

Here we are again... 1st Day of School!!

I am always bittersweet about the kids starting school. I miss them terribly but also glad to be back into a good routine. I can only do "lazy days of summer" for so long..haha! Of course.. I am usually in tears by the end of the first week because I miss the lazy days of summer. Sheesh! :)

Matthew's first day was yesterday. He was excited and nervous all at the same time. He is excited that he has Ms Calafet for his teacher (as am I) and excited that he has good friends in class. But it's still a new year and the end of "family time" (which my boy is quite fond of) and it can be a tough transition.


He requested pancakes, sausage and blueberries for breakfast. My "special" boy got what he asked for! :) 

Ready to go!

Thankful for Sam.. they have been friends since they were THREE!


Obligatory pictures by the Fir Grove sign! :) 

Matthew kind of wanted me to walk him to class, but Sam just wanted to go to the gym to hang with friends and go to class by himself. I could tell Matthew was conflicted but encouraged him to go and be a big kid and hang with his buddies. One of our "things" is that we make a heart with our hands to each other when we say good bye. He doesn't care if it is in front of friends.. he does it anyway and this morning even yelled "I love you, mom" as he made the sign and turned to walk away towards the gym. I love this boy with all of my heart. 



Evelyn and Ellie started today so we played a bit yesterday. We went to lunch and did some shopping and got Boba Tea. They are so fun to hang out with and I am grateful for their friendship!

My "special" girl at breakfast. She's not a fan of photos these days.. especially in the mornings! :) 

My beautiful SEVENTH grader!!




These two are so fun!

Ready to head out!
Bodie decided to make sure they got down the street safely..haha!! 

Both Matthew and Evelyn had good first days. Not great, but not bad. I'll take good days any day! Looking forward to a great year for both of them!!

No comments: