Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter 2020

Since we are sadly still in "shelter in place" mode due to  COVID-19, our usual large Easter celebrations were not happening. While this was sad and disappointing, we knew that the reason we celebrate Easter hasn't changed (thank you Jesus for saving us!). We pivoted the best way we could and our day ended up still being special, even if it was different. 

I woke up early and made some gluten free donut holes... for the very first time! They fried up a little darker than I had wanted but they were really yummy and enjoyed by all of us! 

One thing the kids were sad about is that there would be no "cousins" Easter Egg Hunt, a tradition all of the Morris cousins enjoy. Well, after we were all awake, I opened the front window shades, and to my surprise found this...
I called for the kids and they were both perplexed and excited. They quickly thru on a sweatshirt and shoes and headed outside. 

Out collecting eggs in the morning sunshine.. they had so much fun! I love that they still enjoy stuff like this even as they age. 

The Easter Bunny was very COVID- friendly! :) 

Doug and I even got a little something from that sneaky bunny! :) 

(So... Doug's brother and family know how much our kids love this tradition. They decided to drive over from Gresham IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT to surprise us with this blessing for Easter morning. It moved me to tears and I am so thankful for the way they loved on us in this way!)


I decided that our family  would still dress up, even if church was online and we would just be a party of 4! 



I may be bias, but I think they are fantastic!

More Easter fun came the kids' way during the day..



Doug's Aunt Mary made a big basket full of goodies for Evelyn and Matthew. Needless to say it was well received..haha!

I usually cook a big meal for our extended family. Since so many local businesses have been hurting due to the Corona virus shutting things down, we decided to instead get Easter dinner from a local bistro, La Provence. They had a great special on Easter dinner packages and it was great to support a local place. 



It was such a beautiful day so we decided to eat outside. It was strange only setting the table for just the 4 of us, but I think it turned out pretty nonetheless.

Cheers to Saving Grace!


...and cheers to an amazing and delicious meal! We had salmon and a chicken/bacon mac and cheese. It came with lots of sides and was perfect for all of us!

After we ate we got to spend time with both sides of the family via zoom, which was super fun. 



A great, abeit different, day to celebrate our Risen Lord!

Happy Easter!

No comments: