Monday, June 8, 2020

Black Lives Matter

There is so much tension in our county right now. So much sadness. So much division. It is just heartbreaking. 

BUT... things are being talked about that have needed to be talked about for a LONG time. I confess I tend to not think about it.. racial injustice... and tend to just stay in my little world. But that in and of itself is white privilege... something that I am working on and learning about. We have had difficult but good talks with the kids and hope to grow as a family as we learn about this issue and how prevalent is still is.

Tonight we walked as as family with our community to stand up against racism. It was peaceful and meaningful. I wasn't sure about going (mostly because of COVID), but Matthew was adamant that we go. For his black friends. For their future. For the love of our neighbors.

 


Thankful for this kid and his big heart!


No comments: