Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dilemma

SO... I know there are A LOT more important things to be thinking about these days, but I have kind of a silly dilemma that I really am needing to make a decision about.. and just am not sure what to do.

The dilemma: How to spend gift card money. (Told ya it was silly!)

Here's the deal. My BFF Jody got me a gift card to the Pointe Spa at Bethany Athletic Club here in Beaverton. Its of good size $$.. she was thinking I could get a nice pedi or massage or something.

I've been holding onto it for a while... I found out I was pregnant about a month after I received it and thought I could get a pregnancy message with it. But then I started thinking about my chronic back issues. A massage is more "medicinal" for me more than relaxing, so I wonder if it would be worth it.

Then I had an idea.. but am really torn about it.
The idea: a fun hair cut/color before baby comes.

So.. some of you know (or you may know just by looking at my hair..heehee) that I go to Great Clips to get my hair cut. Its cheap (and we are on a pretty tight budget) and they usually do an okay job. I have been coloring my own hair for many years now (premature grey.. thanks Dad for giving me those genes.. UGH!). So to have someone who can tell me what looks good on me and have a good cut would be so refreshing and a treat!

The problem is that I can only go ONCE... cuz I have the gift card $$. There is NO way I can afford to be a return customer. The other issue is I don't know anyone who gets their hair done there. I am just assuming they would do a stellar job, but that isn't certain. But it sounds SO fun to get my hair done at a nice place, even if its just once.

So.. do I go do it and then just let Great Clips upkeep it? Could they do that effectively? Should I not risk it and just get a nice pedi? Or try to enjoy a pregnancy message? I. Just. Don't. Know.

Again.. a rather silly dilemma for this "not-so-girly girl who still likes to feel pretty", but one I need to figure out.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Annie said...

Fun dilemma!! I have a friend who will pay $$ for an expensive cut and then go to great clips for upkeep and they just follow the same cut and it works great! Do what would be the most fun and pampering for you!!!
BTW I think your hair looks great and didn't know that it was from great clips!! They do a fantastic job! Yay for saving money!!

Carrie Peeples said...

I think a hair cut/color is a FANTASTIC way to spend the card!! Totaly splurge from the usual. Have them color something that's close to what you do so the upkeep is easy and cut whatever you like and then when you go back to great clips tell them you just want it trimmed up or something. Fun problem to have ;)

Courtney said...

I say get a facial. It is such a treat for your skin and it isn't something you'd spend money on yourself. Just my two cents.

Erika said...

I say go for the hair!!! Then I'll give my friend Niina's # who does hair from her house (she used to work in a really nice salon before she had 2 kids) - she has been doing my cut and color for years and is very reasonable! She can help you figure out the up-keep!! Or use the $ for facial/pedi and I'll still give you her #!!!!

Melinda said...

I'd go for a massage. You already get hair cuts and look great with the ones you get. It sounds like you get a pedi, any way. If you don't get professional ones, the pedi might be a nice treat and last quite awhile.

The massage, though, is a very out-of-your-usual-day-to-day-splurge. So, I vote for the massage.