Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fair Time....

We took Evelyn to her very first fair on Sunday. We met up with Doug's parents and went to the State Fair in Salem. It was such a fun day and a great time spent with family.

I was hoping Evelyn would nap in the car on the way down. No such luck. So we just were hopeful she wouldn't melt down while we were there! Thankfully she did really well. We had to work on keeping her awake on the way back to Doug's parent's house, but other than that she rocked!! I think overall it was a bit overwhelming for her... it is a huge event. We might try a smaller county fair next time we do it.. we'll just see.

Here are some highlights...



Evelyn's favorite part of the fair? Eating her first ever ice cream cone!!




Of course we saw MANY animals. Her favorite was the baby pigs.. but I didn't get any pics of those.. go figure!!




My mother-in -law is an amazing seamstress and embroiderer. She won two blue ribbons this year!

Other shots from the afternoon.....

She walked most of the time, but occasionally caught a ride on daddy's shoulders!

It was a bit warm... glad to have water!!

Tractors are cool!!

I love my Grandma!!

Another favorite at the fair for my sweet pea? The "haystack"!! She really didn't want to get off!

Happy family at the fair!

3 comments:

aprilann said...

Nurse Steph,
You will always be "Nurse Steph" to me...anyway...LOVED this post! It brought so MANY great memories of Don and I taking our girls to the State Fair! What wonderful times. Makes me sort of sad, but nostalgic. The girls also would enter thier artwork and win ribbons. Look what you have to look forward to! Such a good mommie and daddie!

Courtney said...

Sweet post, Steph. Wow, Evelyn is really growing up!

Anonymous said...

Hey my name is Anna and I am from Colorado. I am an elementary school student and I own a blog called Anna's blog. I liked your pictures and stuff... Your daughter is very cute.
Thanks!
Anna