Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010... the long version!

Truly, we have so much to be thankful for. I, for one, am thankful for my amazing family. Both the one I was born into and the one I married into. We had a lovely day with both families just spending time eating good food and being together.

We first went to Doug's aunt Mary's place for the Morris family gathering.

My nephews being silly!

I was hoping Evelyn would want to sit at the "kids" table with her cousins, but she was pretty shy and clingy and wanted to sit with us at the big table. Funny thing was that she ended up sitting between her aunt Deanna and uncle Aaron and had a great time, barely talking to Doug and I at all!

Me and my best girl.. picture taken by my nephew Ben!

Matthew enjoying his first Thankgiving meal. I think he ate more than I did!

We also celebrated Evelyn and Matthew's birthday with Doug's family as its the one time other than Christmas we can get together to do it! Matthew was getting antsy and bored after eating, but we weren't quite ready to do birthday stuff (the big boys were outside riding their scooters and the dishes were being done). So we gave him a present to "play with" until it was time to do presents and desert. It was brilliant!

He LOVED the balloon attached to the present!

...until it came off and flew up into the high ceilings at Doug's aunt's place. Bummer!

At that point we just let him open his present from Grandma and Grandad.. a dump truck!!

It was a hit!

Of course, we had to then let Evelyn open one, too. Tinkebell stuff.. another hit!


As I have posted in previous birthday blogs, Doug's family is like the vonTrapp's. They sing so well... especially the birthday song. They could sing it to my anytime! So, here is this year's renditions for both kids.

Evelyn's... she was a bit shy this year!


And Matthew..who seemed to enjoy it. And wait til you see the sweet moment at the end...


Then it was time for birthday pie! My mother in law this year made each of the kids their own little pie. It was very sweet and they LOVED it!


Happy Birthday little dude!

This kid loves her whipped cream!-

Digging in!

Matthew playing with one of his gifts.. and if you notice the scar on his eyebrow, its a nice war wound from taking a header into the corner of a coffee table. Almost took him to the ED, but glad we chose not to.. it was fine!

From Doug's aunt's we went and stopped by my mom's for a bit to visit. It was nice to spend time with them.. and get some left-overs to take home! ;)

An attempt at a family shot...

Love. This. Man.

Nice, honey...

Uncle Chris reading to Evelyn and Cole.

That about sums up our day. Like I said.. I am truly thankful!

No comments: