Friday, November 25, 2011

Gobble Gobble Gobble

I really do have SO much to be thankful for. Every day. Our Thanksgiving was full of family, food and fun. I didn't get many pictures, and the ones I did get aren't the best, but here is a glimpse at our day!!

In the morning, my friend Jody and I went for a long run, which was a great way to start the day. Then all of us, and I do mean ALL of us, read through all the ads that were in the paper. It was a pretty funny sight. All 4 of us, in different spots in the living room, looking through stuff. The kids LOVE looking at "catalogs" as Evelyn calls them. It was great to have a lazy morning.

Matthew loves Sam.. and Sam actually let him give him a hug. Very rare occurance! (... and notice the pile of "well loved" ads behind him!)

We started our festivites at Doug's aunts house. It was a nice gathering as usual. I am SO thankful to have married into the Morris family!

Some of the "grownup" chatting

My nephews brought a HUGH tackle box full of Hot Wheels. Matthew was in HEAVEN!! It kept him entertained the entire time!

We also, as usual, celebrated Matthew and Evelyn's birthdays with Doug's family. Always a highlight for both my kids!

A new digger.. so excited!

My sweet mother in law always make the kids individual "birthday pies". I think Evelyn gets more excited about it than presents!

This is the face he made every time the camera was out! Silly boy!

Happy Girl!

If you haven't heard Doug's family sing "Happy Birthday", you are in luck, cuz the vidoes are below. It makes me cry.. every time!









Matthew making sure he has ALL his diggers!

We left Mary's and headed to my mom's for a little bit. It was fun to see the cousins and hang with my family.

Evelyn and Regan

I. Love. Her.! She wanted to "dress pretty" today and was very excited about her dress!

Me and my sweet boy!


The girls in their fancy coats!

.. and that's all I have. Our day was full, fun, and lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Precious!!! The singing is the most beautiful singing of that song I have ever heard -- BEAUTIFUL!!

Happy Birthday to your amazing little princess!