Monday, September 3, 2012

And I'll be there....

My Dearest Evelyn Joy,

Tomorrow is one of the biggest days of your life so far. Your first day of school. Ever! I am so glad you are so excited about kindergarten and that you really like Mrs. Pearson. I know this will be such a special year for you!!

You will have to forgive mommy if I am a bit teary and as daddy and I send you on your way tomorrow. While I am also excited about this new chapter in your life, it means that another chapter has to end. A chapter that I have cherished these past 5 and a half years.

Our friend Miss Janet (who has big kids and who is very wise) has told me on more than one occasion that this is what daddy and I have raised you to do.. to GO. To go learn and grow and become all that God has for you. This is one of the first steps in that process. I know you are ready.. I have known for a while that you are ready. But for mommy, it's a tough one. But it is they way it is supposed to be...

I have been praying that we have prepared you enough for this. Praying that you will be safe and not be nervous or scared. Praying that Mrs. Pearson can see your strengths and weaknesses and use those to make you a better student. Praying that you find friends and that you are a good friend in return. Praying that you stand up for what is right, that you shine the light of Jesus for all of your class to see. Praying that you just love school. Praying.. and leaving it in God's hands... well, trying my best to anyway!


Remember the song from the Veggie Tale "Rack, Shack and Benny" that always makes me tear up? Well, it is because the words are ones I knew I would sing to you one day. And tomorrow is the day!


Think of me every day
Hold tight to what I say
And I will be with you
Even from far away

Know that where ever you are
It is never too far
You just think of me
And I'll be there

I remember the day you were born I actually thought about this day, the day you would start school. It seemed so far away then. Yet here it is. 

I am excited for you. I am proud of you. I am cheering for you. I am praying for you. I love you so very much, baby girl!

And I'll be there....

Love, Momma

No comments: