Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Win a Few, Lose a Few...

I am very grateful and thankful that my kids are, for the most part, very well behaved. I would love to say that it's because of our stellar parenting, but I know that it is only by God's grace that my kids are so wonderful!!

When it comes to getting myself showered and ready for the day, I have tried many different ways to go about it. Shower before the kids wake, shower when the kids are watching their show in the morning, or after breakfast while the kids just play. For the most part, I now shower after breakfast, but it usually involves settling arguments, reminders about being kind and sharing, and kissing booboos... all while dripping wet trying to get cleaned up! They play pretty well together and have never EVER been destructive while unattended (phew!), but there still needs to be some policing! That being said, my shower is usually pretty short!

Yesterday I didn't hear anything but fun playing while I was in the shower. I thanked God for that and enjoyed an extra long shower.. which was heavenly!! I got out of the shower and heard lots of laughter coming from Matthew's room. I dried off and went to investigate.

This is what I found:


Yes, friends, that is EVERY toy from EVERY toy bin in his room on his bed. They apparently were playing "store", having a great time. Sigh....

I LOVE that they were having such a great time and playing together so nicely.. but guess who had to play mean mommy and make them clean it up? That's the tough part... and let's just say that mommy did a lot of the work!

Take the good with the not-so-good... I love those two faces with all my heart.

And my showers will continue to be short...HAHA!!

No comments: