Monday, September 2, 2013

Tomorrow


Tomorrow is Evelyn's first day of school. First Grade. She is so excited and looks forward to learning and doing all sorts of fun things this year.

While she is excited, I am struggling to come to grips that my sweet girl, my firstborn, will be away from me 6.5 hours a day, most days of the week. She is growing up so fast, and although it is the way it is supposed to be, I don't like it one bit.

  • I am wishing she could be my fussy, crazy-haired baby again, even tho she didn't let me sleep much.

  •  I am wishing she could be my one year old again, who endured her cranial molding helmet like a champ and whose smile and laugh were infectious (they still are...). 

  • I am wishing she could be my two year old again, playing with her Fisher Price Little People every moment of the day.

  • I am wishing she could be my three year old again, learning and growing in her new role as a big sister.

  •  I am wishing she could be my four year old again, who fell in love with Disney Princesses and books.

  •  I am wishing she was my 5 year old again, who learned to read and fell in love with cooking and twirling.. all the time!

  •  I am wishing she was my kindergartener again, who was only gone for 2.5 hours a day and both of us LOVED it!

But all my wishing won't let those things be so. I knew this day would come, I just did not know how hard it would be to accept it.

I am going to miss her. More than words can say.

But... with a tear in my eye and an ache in (and a proud smile on) my heart, I will send her off on her new and exciting journey. My hope and prayer is to encourage and support her as best we can so that she will succeed. In First Grade. In life.

I pray that she will hide His word in her heart and draw on his strength every day. And I pray that she knows how very much I love her, how proud I am of her, and how thankful I am that God gave her to me.

And that's all I have to say about tomorrow. Without starting to sob. Again.

First Grade.

Bring it!

1 comment:

Aunt Bobbie said...

Babe, I remember all these stages. They go by so fast! Remember, every stage brings a new dimension to their character. That can be, and will be very exciting! Living in a faith based home, and having been taught key core values of being one will stay with her forever. Facing my own issues this year...Makayla will be 20 and works full time at a day care. Malia will be. 15 in February, and is in HighSchool. Makai and Brady are both in middle school now, and sweet Lucas is in 3rd grade. My oldest will be 40 in July and we won't even discuss what age I am going to be! All that being said, it seems like yesterday that all of you were very small, and I couldn't imagine who you would grow to be! I love you, and if you need me I am here.