Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ofishaly


Last week I purchased a dry erase board to hang on the fridge. I am trying to still figure out this whole "I have a kid in school all day" thing.. and how I can keep track of chores and shopping needs, etc. I thought I would try this...

Anyhooo... it has been on the kitchen table waiting for me to hang it up  and the kids have enjoyed doodling on it periodically.

Until the other day. When I left a sharpie out on the counter next to it.

You can probably figure out what happened next.

Poor Evelyn was drawing a castle scene and started coloring in the windows with the sharpie. I turned around and saw this and  stopped her immediately. But the damage was done.

She was so upset and felt terrible. I wasn't upset.. it was mostly my fault for leaving the sharpie out. And really... I think many of us can say we at one point in our life have done the same thing. I was calm and offered her grace, but she just was so sorry and sad about it. We got passed the tears and went to the basement to play. Soon after, Evelyn said she needed to go upstairs and do something. I didn't think much of it and Matthew and I continued playing. I then realized that about 20 minutes had gone by and I hadn't seen or heard Evelyn. So I went up to investigate.

I found her in the kitchen, beaming with pride and accomplishment. And I saw this:




She had been upstairs working diligently to get the sharpie off the dry erase board.. and succeeded! It was truly clean as a whistle. Bless her heart!

Don't worry.. the cute note was written with a dry eraser marker! 

And I was "ofishaly" proud and thankful for her, too!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So, inquiring minds wanna know....what is Ev's secret for getting sharpie off of a dry erase board?? Amaze-balls!

Candice said...

Usually, if you scribble all over the sharpie marker with a dry erase marker, then wipe it off, it comes clean. I wont promise this will work every time, but it's worked a lot on our boards at work.