Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

This year was my FIRST year ever hosting Easter.. and it really turned out to be such a fun, enjoyable, and relatively stress-free (really!) day!

Since Doug and I were both serving at church on Sunday morning we went to Easter services as a family on Saturday night. The kids (okay..  Evelyn mostly..haha) were excited to wear their Easter clothes and go to "big church"!



 It is SO hard to get a good pic of both of them together these days... these were the best ones! Oh.. and Evelyn wanted her hair in a "side pony... like Queen Elsa" (from the Frozen movie). Her hair is almost long enough.. but it still turned out fine!


Sadly I didn't get ANY pictures of the food or the table, but the meal and company was truly lovely. Doug's brother and family as well as Doug's aunt Mary joined us. I even used my china... sad to say this is the FIRST time I have used it in almost 13 years..ugh! It was lovely and I even got help with the dishes!

After dinner, the "big cousins" (Ben, 15, and Mitchell, 13) put on an Easter egg hunt for the littler kids. They did such a good job and the kids had a blast...and the grownups got lots of extra time to chat and drink more wine..haha!









At some point Kristin (my sister-in-law) and I were doing dishes and I looked up out the kitchen window to find the cousins in a full on water fight! The dads were out "supervising" and apparently this just happened.. in their Easter clothes no less..haha! Oh my, did the kids have fun ganging up on the big cousins!








.... and then there was sweet Greg. He LOVES LOVES LOVES our go-kart and he was on it most of the afternoon! :)

It was a lovely day to celebrate our Risen Lord!

No comments: