Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Big Helper


So.... both kids have been trying to help make breakfast in the morning lately. It has mostly been getting the cereal or oatmeal out of the cupboard and getting the bowl, spoons, etc.

Well... this morning I got out of the shower and Matthew comes into the bathroom and proudly announces "Mommy I made breakfast  for me and Evelyn ALL BY MYSELF... come see!!"

THIS is what I came out to:


What you don't see is the copious amounts of cereal and milk on the floor and the wetness of his shirt from spilling milk on it. It was pretty epic, really. But he was SO proud and could not stop smiling...and I just had to smile and be proud of him too.

The mess will clean up easily.... and this memory will last a lifetime. Love my helpful and thoughtful boy!

No comments: