Saturday, August 23, 2014

A fun day...

Doug worked on house projects all day so the kids and I needed to entertain ourselves and ended up having a super fun day.

I totally remember as a kid turning my bike upside down and "working on it", seeing how things work and pretending I was a bike mechanic. After we rode bikes for a while today, I showed the kids how I did it. They both found it quite fun and "worked" on their bikes for a while.





It was getting hot so we came in for a bit. Evelyn asked me to try to make her hair "like Elsa's" (from Frozen). I did the best I could.. I am still learning how to "do" long hair.

 Evelyn thought the back was really pretty, but not totally the way Elsa's looked. Oh well.. at least she liked it! :)

We then headed out to try a new shaved ice place close to us. We had never had it before, and oh, my goodness, what we have missed! It is SO SO yummy! We will come back here again soon!
Um.. these are the "small" ones. Yikes! We could have split one between the three of us! Oh,and there is Evelyn's hair from the front... she thought the front looked more like Elsa's, which was a bonus! :)

I am not trying to think about the face that school starts in just over 2 weeks... and just enjoying the moments I have with these two sweet faces!!

No comments: