Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday


Happy Easter!

Last year I hosted a small group of family to celebrate Christ's resurrection and enjoyed it thoroughly. So much that I decided to go even bigger this year, hosting those from both sides of the family... 18 people total, and that wasn't everyone (we missed you, Debbie and you, too, Jeubs and Bowers!). Yes, it was a bit of work, but I had great help from Doug and his Aunt Mary (who usually hosts Thanksgiving so is a pro at big gatherings) and it turned out to be such a special day with those I love most!

Here are my sweeties after church. Evelyn has actually been sick all week and so only Doug and Matthew went to church. But she still wanted to get dressed up for the "party", which was a perfect photo opportunity!






To feed that many people comfortably, we had two tables. The grandkids sat in the kitchen and the rest of us sat in the living room. It worked out fine and I enjoyed setting both tables... and getting to use my china again (this is only the 2nd time I have used it since we got married!).


It was so lovely to have both set of parents here with us today.. and it was another great photo op!!




We all enjoyed dinner and conversations.....


After dinner, the "big kids" we so awesome and hid Easter eggs for the "little ones" and led that activity while the grown ups did dishes and chatted on our own.







Then the little ones hid eggs for the big ones... and they had SO much fun with that!


Watching the boys hunt for eggs... I think she is such a beauty on the inside and out!


Doug and his brother Don had a great time playing football with all the kids.. we were so thankful for great weather!






Mitchell "helping" Evelyn catch the football!

He didn't realize how big Matthew was... he didn't pick him up nearly as high..HA!



I love this little peanut!


Story time with Uncle Don was a big highlight for my kids! 

One day this picture will come back to haunt my sweet nephew Greg! HA!

Love the Sandau family!

As everyone was leaving, Matthew and Lily decided to spend time rolling down the hill. It was so cute to see them having so much fun!




Thankful for such a special time with family celebrating our Risen Lord! Happy Easter!



No comments: