Friday, May 22, 2015

No School "School Day"

Evelyn didn't have school today, and Matthew's last day was yesterday. You would think they would just want to play with toys and chill. Not my kids. They wanted to play... but play "school"! 

Now, usually when both kids are home they play together so well, which means that I often can catch up on house things since I don't have to be entertaining just Matthew. I had a long mental list of things I had hoped to do today (and yes, being with and playing with my two favorite little people was at the top of that list!), and as the whole "school" idea was being presented to me, I could tell that I was a main character in this endeavor and that if I wanted to get things done, it would have to work around the "class schedule". :) We ended up having a super fun day.. and I still got quite a bit done! :)


Making lunches. All by themselves. Oh.. and notice the "uniforms". At our school we wear khaki shorts and white shirts!
I need to have them start making their own lunch every day! They did such a great job, even if they didn't use cutting boards...haha! :)

The "plan" for the day.
My eager charges. We did a history lesson where I taught them about Memorial Day. Thank you, wikipedia, for filling in gaps for me so I could do a good lesson!
Writing time (well, Matthew colored me a picture!). Evelyn wrote a summary of Memorial Day and started a rough draft of a "thank you" letter to her teacher for the end of the year.
My budding artist! :) Notice the star and the "good job" on the paper. He wanted me to "grade it"! :)

Movie time! I used this time to clean bathrooms and do laundry.. and got a lot done!
Lunch time outside... then recess!


A boy and his big stick...


Love this beautiful monkey!

Field Trip time! My mom and her Doug just got home from a 7 week RV adventure around the country so we drove over to see them and say welcome home. The kids were SO excited to see Grandma and Grandpa again!

Enjoying special treats Grandpa brought home from Pennsylvania! :)

Art class! Mom and Doug bought the kids a big thing of markers at the Crayola factory in Pennsylvania so it was a perfect media for our class! :) 

After art class, it was time for "dismissal".. and time for daddy to be home! So glad I went along with the whole "school" idea.. we all had such a great day!



No comments: