Friday, June 3, 2016

A Big Day

Back in December, when my sister asked Evelyn to be in her wedding (it's in July), she gave Evelyn a pair of earrings to wear on the big day. She had planned on turning them into clip ons since Evelyn doesn't have pierced ears. Of course, my sweet girl was super hopeful that we would get her ears pierced for the wedding so we wouldn't need clip ons.

Now, in my growing up, my sisters and I were allowed to get our ears pierced once we were 10 years old. Evelyn is now almost 9 and 1/2. After talking it over, Doug and I decided this was a special enough occasion and let her get her ears pierced a little earlier than we had planned.

..and tonight it happened!!


Ready to do it!
Checking the pen marks to make sure she likes where the holes will be.
She wasn't nervous until the gal at Claire's brought the gun close to her ears. I could see it in her face! :) But she was brave and sat still.
DONE! She chose her birthstone and they are really pretty!
We celebrated with frozen yogurt!


A big day, a big milestone, a big moment for my big girl. Love her!

No comments: