Thursday, February 15, 2018

Spring Music Concert

It's that time of year... Spring Music Concert! This year is a little bittersweet for me as it is Evelyn's final music concert at Fir Grove. It has been a joy to be able to come to every one of her school concert's over the years, and fun to look back  and see how much she's grown!


Kindy 2013

 1st grade 2014



Second Grade

3rd Grade 2015

Sadly I don't have any photos from last year's (4th grade) concert.... I need to look into that..ugh!

And then there is this year...
So. Grown. Up. Sigh...




I'm thankful that Evelyn and Matthew's classes have always had concerts together!

If I am honest, I at times don't look  forward to these concerts. Not that I don't love to see the kids perform, but the concerts tend to run long and it gets really hot in the gym. But.. this year's concert was probably my most favorite concert by far! It was only an hour long, the music was fun, and the gym stayed cool. It was fantastic!

Both kids did so well! Evelyn sang with poise and confidence and with a smile on her face. She and one of her besties Elle preformed a duet on their recorders. They had practiced so much for this and they did an amazing job! Super proud of Evelyn and all the 5th graders!




In the past Matthew hasn't been a big fan of performing in front of people. He continues to amaze us with his growth and confidence in so many areas of his life, including performing. He was actually excited about the concert, he smiled and sang with confidence, and he, too, had a special part by playing an instrument for one of the numbers. We are so proud of him!!





Thankful for such good friends for my 5th grader! 


 Sam and Matthew have been buddies since they were 3 and I am so glad they are friends!! 





Grandma and Grandpa Doug came, too!



A fun and enjoyable evening indeed! Great job, kids!!

No comments: