Friday, February 23, 2018

The Snow I Didn't Think Would Fall

It is the end of February. I was pretty sure this would be the school year we DIDN'T have any "snow days". After last year's crazy snowfall and all the snow days, I was actually glad for a reprieve.  With the warm and beautiful weather last week, I was sure we were in the clear.

Apparently mother nature had other ideas!! It started snowing early Monday morning and by the end of the week we had one early release, one full snow day, and one late start due to the white stuff! It was a fun time for the kids, and I'll admit I enjoyed it as well!!



 We didn't have a lot of snow on the ground Monday (President's Day.. so no school), but it was pretty and the kids needed to go out and play!

It started to snow Monday night but it was forcasted to just rain after a little bit of snow. The "big" storm was coming Tuesday evening. Well it just would NOT stop snowing Tuesday morning, and the school district decided to get kids home sooner than later to avoid any issues so they ended school at 1015.. a mere two hours into the day. 

I don't take it for granted how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with the kids. When they called school early, I got several texts from friends asking me if I could grab their kids until they could come get them. Thankfully I could say YES! And I headed home with TEN kiddos in tow that morning! 





 I really didn't mind. And these kids are great kids. Truly! I made cocoa to warm them up after our walk home and they all played together really well. 


 By lunchtime I was down to 6 kids. They enjoyed the Olympics on TV and the boys threw a nerf football and wrestled as only they know how! :)

At one point a ball was thrown across the room and it hit a plate of food and sent it flying. All was fine, but at that point it had stopped raining (of course the rain did come and it rained the rest of the day...haha) and I sent the boys outside to play. 

 They made a cute little snowman with the snow that was left!

The snow did indeed come fast and furious Tuesday night and dropped about 2 inches by morning. School was called off for the day and the kids were super excited to go out and play! Being that it is almost spring and the temperatures, although cold overnight, were slated to warm up and probably melt a lot of the snow so we got out early to enjoy it while it lasted. 











 
We had lot of fun sledding both at home and at the middle school. But indeed quite a bit melted away by afternoon. 

It got below freezing again Wednesday night and more snow came, but since it was forcast to warm up quickly, schools only had a 2 hour delayed start. 

It was beautiful and fun while it lasted, and we made some good memories for sure. But spring is near, so the pretty glow and silence of a snow covered neighborhood will be something we can look forward to hopefully seeing again. NEXT winter..haha!!

No comments: