Thursday, March 8, 2018

Oregon Battle of the Book 2018

Evelyn did Oregon Battle of the Books again this year. Her amazing team from last year couldn't be together again this year (sad), so she ended up on a team of 2 girls and 2 boys. There was a bit of groaning over this at first, but I think in the end it was such a blessing.

I once again mentored Evelyn's team, the Slinkies, and enjoyed so much watching them learn to work together and be comfortable with one another. The kids go along really well and I think strengthened their friendships thru this program.

Today was the big battle, and my Slinkies were prepared and ready.


A big day calls for the Red Plate! She is SO special!

Ev, Devon, Xavier and Peter
Battling their hearts out!

While the Huckleberry Rubberduckies ended up being the 4th grade champs last year, my sweet Slinkies didn't make it to the 5th grade final. They had REALLY hard questions and fought hard, but it wasn't enough.

What I loved was that even thought they didn't make it as far as they wanted, they were positive, proud, and good sports in defeat. I couldn't be more proud of these four.

Here's to another year of  kids reading, working as a team, and doing their best! Evelyn says she wants to compete in the middle school OBOB, so you haven't seen the last OBOB post on my blog! :)

Yay Slinkies!

No comments: