Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patrick's Day/Grandpa Bramer's 100th Birthday

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 


My amazing Grandpa Bramer would have been 100 years old today. I always was in awe of him; raised on a farm in Nebraska, a veteran of three wars, the father of five girls (and a house with only one bathroom!), and a faith and love for his family and church that was unmatched. I'll always remember his smile and laugh, his short temper 😁, the brown recliner that he always was in, his love for Roquefort dressing, his messy eating, and his "Alright...I love ya" when we would say goodbye. Thankful for the 19 years I had with him, and thankful for my Aunt Carolyn who made these cool pins for the family to wear today to honor and remember him. I made Shepherds Pie and Grasshopper Pie and we all toasted a man I'll always love, cherish and remember. 







No comments: