Sunday, November 4, 2018

"Best Day of My Life" - Matthew's first Duck Game

After my dad passed away in 2002, my sisters and I were committed to keeping his legacy alive. One way was to keep his Oregon Duck season football tickets. The seats are amazing, on the 50 yard line, 30 rows up from the Ducks' bench. Like I said, amazing. But they come with a cost. A big one. So we pretty much always sell our tickets in order to pay for them year after year. We have gone to a few games, but those are few and far between. Matthew, my football lover, has talked about going to a game for a while, but he graciously understands why we can't go every weekend. I have hoped to be able to take him one day, as I knew it would such an amazing experience for him. 

This year our ticket sales are down, and no one had purchased our tickets to yesterday's game against UCLA. So we decided to surprise Matthew and I took him to the game!!!




Heading out! We had a fun drive down. There were a couple of accidents that slowed traffic up but he was a champ and was patient as we headed south. 

Hopping on the shuttle to the stadium. One of the best decisions of the day was to ride the shuttle. 

He could hardly contain his excitement!
Big moment!! He is wearing my dad's favorite Duck hat that was passed onto him. It's old and too big for him, but there was NO way he was going to leave it at home. Oh how my dad would have loved him!
Lots of fun games to play in the Moshofsky center while we waited for the game to start. 
Heading to our seat!
We had this shirt made after dad died to either to wear or to put on his seat.It got lots of sweet comments and I got to share my dad's story with people. It was so fun!
The best view... from our seats! 


So much joy to watch him experience the day....


Another touchdown!! Matthew high fived everyone around us each time. 
"It never rains at Autzen Stadium"... said while I was getting rained on. Loved every minute of it tho!! :) 

The sunset was SO beautiful.. the photo doesn't do it justice at all. 
Matthew was looking foward to watching the Duck to push ups.. and he got see a lot of push ups!!

Ducks win!!!

The shuttle got us back to our car in record time and we made it home by 1030. The whole way home Matthew regaled me with all of his favorite moments from the day. As we were pulling into the driveway, he said, 

"Mom, this was the best day of my life. Thank you so much!"

Oh, son, you are so welcome. What a special, special day with you!!


No comments: