Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh, (whoppin' huge) Christmas Tree...

Last Sunday we went with Jody on our annual Christmas tree hunt/chop. This year we went to Hagg Tree Farm and really had fun. It was beautiful outside, which was an added blessing!


Ready to go hunting! (I was holding E's hands cuz' she kept putting them in her mouth!)
Jody and Evelyn
Evelyn taking a walk in the woods!

They had animals there, too.. and Evelyn loved feeding the goats...


..after giving them a once-over first. Check out her face! :)

It's funny how things always seem smaller out in the woods! We brought our tree home and as we were undoing the twine around it, we started to panic at the size our tree appeared to be. We were hoping to avoid a "Clark Griswald" moment (remember "A Christmas Vacation"?)! Thankfully our tree, although big, is PERFECT in our front room. My handy and handsome husband made a "riser" for our tree, too, so it would look even taller! I love our tree!!

Evelyn standing in front of the "kimas tee". She "helped" decorate.. by taking a long nap! :)


The finished product!

I love sitting by the lighted tree at night (with all the other lights out) with a cup of tea of cocoa listening to Christmas music. It is therapy for my soul and usually makes me cry. What an awesome time of year.. celebrating the One who came to seek and save the lost!

As the song says: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! YAY!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

The tree is beautiful! I, too, really enjoy the glow of the tree near-by.

Anonymous said...

That's a huge tree! It's beautiful! I LOVE having the lights on the tree... I usually leave it on all night so when I walk in the room in the morning it's glowing (hopefully not from flames).

Mel said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree! We don't have ours up yet but will by this weekend. I would just love to have a real tree but between Austin's asthma and my allergies it just won't happen. I'll just look at the pictures and enjoy yours :) Been thinking about you!

aprilann said...

Merry Christmas, Steph and family! Love the tree. We still don't have one yet. Gosh, I just feel so unmotivated this year. Well, it would also help to have a moment in time when we are all available to go cut one down! Sort of impossible. Maybe a Home Depot tree is in my future... Is that sacriligeous? (sorry about the spelling)