Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20th

January 20th. First and foremost.. my dad's birthday. He would have been 68 this year. He never wanted to make a big deal about his special day. That's just the way he was. Happy Birthday, dad. I love you and miss you. Every day. More than words can begin to say.

Me and Dad at my wedding 7/01 (8 months before he died)


January 20th is also Inauguration Day. I have watched almost every inauguration since I can remember. I find the whole history and protocol of it is fascinating and think it is very important to witness.

This January 20th marks quite a remarkable day in history. No matter who you voted for or what you believe.... change is coming to America. Yes, it will be different, and it should be different, for Obama is who God granted to lead our nation. I am committed to praying for him and praying for our country. Will you join me?

We are a nation under God, and I believe God intended for us to be free. It would be fitting and good, I think, if on each Inauguration Day in future years it should be declared a day of prayer.
Ronald Reagan, January 20, 1981

God Bless President Obama.. and God Bless this great nation!


4 comments:

Courtney said...

Nice post, Stephanie. Today (1/19) is actually my Dad's birthday and although I had the fortune to spend it with him tonight - we did so without my Mom. I understand these tough days and I pray you are comforted. Take care...

Anonymous said...

He was the best husband, dad and "PaPa" and the light of our lives. I miss him so much and so thankful he blessed my life.
Love Mom

Melinda said...

Wow. What an emotional roller coaster first year of marriage you must have had! I am so glad he got to see you marry the love of your life! I am sure that you are going to do a great job telling his grand-daughter stories about him.

Heather Witherow said...

Hey Steph,
Love you Friend! What a beautiful photo of you both. I remember that time vividly with you. You have many cherished memories of your precious dad and that is such a blessing.