Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moving on...

It's time. Time to just get over the fact that I have at least 10 posts I could to write to catch up on all that's gone on the past, what... month? Time to face that fact that it just isn't gonna happen! Time to start January fresh and new, and hope to stay on track and keep this puppy goin' strong. As my friend Erika so eloquently stated in her blog, "Let's move forward because this blog is never going to jump-start itself!" :)

So you all don't feel slighted about missing out on my oh-so-exciting life, here's a recap of some of what's been goin' on!

*Evelyn turned 2. WOW.. where did the two years go? She was and is SO excited to be two. She still sings "Happy Birthday" to herself periodically! :) She was spoiled with love and gifts as usual, but her most prized things from her special day were her Birthday cards! She read them over and over and over again. Instead of reading books before nap or bedtime, she wanted us to read her cards. It was the cutest thing!




*Snow. Need I say more? Seriously.. what a crazy couple of weeks! Thankfully we got to spend most of the time inside together. We made it to Dallas, OR for time with Doug's family the weekend before Christmas, but had one heck of a drive coming home in the ice and yuck on 1-5, which was no picnic AT ALL! And then we actually got stuck in the snow on Christmas Eve and had to walk home (and we were in the truck!). I only had tennis shoes on. Evelyn had no coat (long story!). And it was SO cold! Yes, I know, "Mother of the Year" award for me! Thankfully it was only about 1/2mile walk and Evelyn loved the "adventure" and still talks about it! The snow WAS beautiful, tho, and probably the most snow we will see for a very long time!




*Christmas was SO fun this year, and such a sweet time. Now granted, it got a bit crazy having to reschedule/reorganize celebrations due to weather, but all in all if was wonderful.
*Evelyn totally got into the Christmas spirit in many ways. Yes, she did love opening gifts (to hear her say , "oh, my goodness!" with each gift opened was precious) and got a lot of fun new toys. However she almost loved giving the gift more, handing them out and enjoying people opening their gifts. I hope that she will continue to be a "giver"! She understood that Christmas is about Jesus' birthday and LOVED hearing the Christmas story read to her and having us act out the story with her "Little People" nativity. I don't think we read many other books besides Christmas story books, or played with many other toys other than the nativity set last month! It was also SO precious hearing her tell the story herself: "One day.. man name Jophat and girl name Minnie gonna married. Then Minnie found out she was have baby. God's son." and so on and so on. My favorite part: "three wise man brought gold, fank, and murray. and fruit cocktail!" SO SO cute. Unfortunately, every time I tried to record her doing it she stopped. Thankfully it will remain in my heart forever!
*She also now knows most every Christmas carol, too. Nothing better than hearing her sweet voice singing.. and really knowing the words. She is amazing. And yes, she still is singing carols. I love it!
*My sweet husband got me a new camera for Christmas! I am SO excited and have enjoyed using it SO much already! I was spoiled by many fun things this year!
*I got to spend time with my entire family between Christmas and New Years... probably the best part of it all. I am blessed to have and to have married into great family!







So.. there you have it. I sincerely hope you had a wonderful holiday time with ones you love. Here's to a great year of blogging in 2009. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I think that the last month has been a blur for many of us. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures from your blur of a month!

Anonymous said...

I was started to get a little miffed that there wasn't an update...whew! to my relief, it was here today.
How honored Abby and I are to be a "featured" pic!
Love you! Kisses to my Evelette!
Shell