Friday, February 25, 2011

Sick... Nuff Said

I am SO thankful that Doug and I are healthy. Mostly because I am NOT a good sick person. I am also thankful that I have such healthy kids. Evelyn has rarely been sick in her life. She has only had one "tummy bug" and only a few "big" colds. And she has never been on antibiotics. Ever. Matthew, too, has been mostly healthy. I have taken him to get his ears checked a couple of times, but he also has not been on antibiotics ever. I do not take this for granted. At all.

Unfortunately, tho, this winter has been hard on all of us. We all have had colds off and on. Not horrible colds, but enough to keep us from play dates, church, etc. more than usual. I try so hard to have the kids wash hands, use purell, etc. Apparently its just our year.

Then it happened. "It" being the flu. And it has royally kicked our fanny's the past 3 weeks! Doug first, then me, then poor Matthew. Evelyn, by the grace of God, somehow squeaked by with just the sniffles. Needless to say, we have not been out much, not done much, and not felt like much of anything but yucky! We are finally starting to come out of it. Doug and I are pretty much thru it except for a cough. Matthew, bless his pickin' heart, is still pretty snotty and has a nasty cough, but he is much better than he was, much happier, too!

Anyhoo.. both Doug and I were down with it first. Valentine's Day we both had fevers and felt like poo. Poor guy had to go to work... no choice... feeling like that. I made some post on facebook about what a romantic Valentine's night we had planned (soup out of a can, to bed early after taking our temps and medicating). Soon after our friend (and neighbor) JB sent me a note telling me she was bringing us dinner. No saying no.

She arrived a short time later with this...

Amazingly good food.. so what we needed to cheer us up. She even made the rice into a heart! We are so thankful for her and this amazing act of kindness. Thank you JB!


Our other favorite Valentine treat...

Matthew hadn't gotten sick yet, and Jody got them these cute shirts for Valentine's Day. They made us feel better with their smiles. Every Day.

Here's to staying healthy! Time to get caught up on laundry and cleaning.. haven't done much of that in a couple of weeks! I am SO ready for spring!


No comments: