Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Taste of Summer

Yay!! Finally some hot weather for us rain weary Oregonians (and it really takes A LOT of rain to make us weary of it!)!

Evelyn really wanted to play in the sprinkler, so we got our suits on and went out. Matthew got in the sprinkler only once last summer and really seemed indifferent to it, so I was curious how he would do.

At first, he was fine. He got a a ball and was putting it in the sprinkler.

Then the tears started. I am not sure if it was just too cold or the fact that he was barefoot (I don't think he likes it... need to get him water shoes for sure!) but he did NOT want to get wet any more.. he just wanted to sit on my lap.

Evelyn, on the other hand, went crazy and had fun with it. She is like her daddy and loves to be barefoot in the grass.

Her cute Speedo suit was only $5 at Ross. Score!

My pretty girl....

I got shoes on Matthew and he still didn't go in the water, but he was MUCH happier and did other things... like play with the swing.

.. and play in the rocks!

Silly boy!!

BEST photo of the day! They both climbed in the wagon and I wanted to get a picture. Matthew wasn't cooperating and Evelyn as impatient. LOVE her face!!

SO glad to get some vitamin D today. Even more glad to have fun time with my sweet kids playing in it!!

No comments: