Wednesday, June 1, 2011

He picked it...

I have been SO blessed with friends and family giving me "hand-me-down" clothes for both my kids. Truly it has been such a huge gift in so many ways.

My younger sister, like me, has two kids. A boy and a girl. Cole is almost 5, Regan almost 3. What's fun is that I give her my girl clothes, and she gives me boy clothes. It's perfect!

Today they came over to play and she brought some clothes for me. All 3T and bigger. I set them by the couch in the living room.

Later on this evening while I was making dinner, Matthew went to the table and grabbed a cup that was full of water (leftover from snack with the cousins) and dumped it on his shirt and on the floor. His pants were fine, so I just took off the shirt, cleaned up the floor, and told him to go play until I got dinner in the oven and then I'd get a new shirt for him.

He took off to go play. Or so I thought. He instead went straight to the boxes of Cole's clothes and found a shirt to wear, then brought it to me. He was so excited. He thinks his cousin is pretty cool. There was NO way I was going to get one of his silly 'ol 2T shirts on him.. oh, no.. he was gonna wear the shirt he picked. Period.

A 5T shirt.

I couldn't say no.



Sad thing is, it wasn't that big. *sigh* (oh.. and I am not quite sure why Evelyn has her coat on in.. but she had it on all afternoon, silly girl!)

Love my sweet kids.. and the gift of hand-me-downs!

No comments: