Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ballerina Girl

Evelyn had her last ballet class today. This is her second time taking this class.. her teacher encourages the young ones to take the beginner class more than once so they can get comfortable with the basics. I think it was a good idea, as Evelyn did really well this time around and I think improved a lot from the first set of classes she took.

She had a lot of fun this time around. First, because she LOVES ballet. Second, her friend Juilet took the class with her. It was fun to watch them together.

Since parents get to watch the first and last class only, my camera was in action today! Unfortunately between the lighting, my camera and my skills, my pics didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. *sigh*

Evelyn and Juilet excited for class to start!

They are so cute!

Teacher Valerie doing her magic.. she is really good with the girls.

This picture cracks me up... Evelyn is all caddywampus and her back is arched to get her kick high. Watching all the girls try to do their skills got many chuckles from all the parents. They looked so cute!

She couldn't do this last class.. this time she did it gracefully and looked good!

Love this face!!

Listening with a smile!

One of her favorite things to do.. the sache!


SO SO SO sad this one didn't turn out. My beautiful (and blurry) girl!

Evelyn really wants to continue with ballet. Looks like there may be lots more tutus and ballet shoes in our future!!

The BEST part of her day, however, is when her grandparents (who came up from Dallas to see her performance... LOVE them!) took her to McDonalds for lunch after class while I took my tired and cranky (teething) boy home to nap. She played in the play area with other girls from her class who were also there and had a BLAST! She was so tired from all the playing and no napping.. so we watched one of her favorite movies (Barbie as Island Princess) this afternoon just to take it easy.

Overall.. I'd say she had a pretty spectacular day!

No comments: